Tuesday 15 December 2015

Cimorelli - Little Drummer Boy (Justin Bieber Cover) 10 Days Till Christmas

Well, I think that this blog now officially holds the record for the longest title on my blog! What a mouthful! So today's blog post in the Cim's Christmas Countdown is yet another cover reviews from the one and only Justin Bieber. Now me being the anti-social being that I am, I don't keep up on music that is in the charts so like usual I have not heard this song before,

Of course I have heard Little Drummer Boy, and heard of Justin Bieber but I never knew that he created his own version of the song.

Okay, first my truthful opinion. I did not really like the song and felt that it was not suited to the band. It I was not a truthful bloger / reviewer then what would be the point of this blog! Cimorelli have that voice that suites traditional carols, and I got very excited when the cover started because the original style really suited to the band and their angelic voices.


Now, since watching the cover for a second, and a third time it has grown on me a little bit. But not enough for me to listen to the cover all day every day. I enjoy the cover up until about half way through, and the rapping starts.

When Cimorelli cover a song that has a small amount of rapping towards the end of the video then that is okay and it adds something a little bit different that often challenges the band. But this cover was at least 60-70% rapping which is just not suited to the band at all.

The upbeat cover is something different and I can imagine enjoyable for Cimorelli to cover, but the cover just doesn't appeal to me after Dani starts rapping. Before you all jump in to chew my head off, Dani's rapping did not put me off at all, the beat and the way the song is I just did not find enjoyable to listen to at all!


I understand that Cimorelli are being different and covering stuff that they enjoy listening to and singing themselves but when it comes to Christmas, they have such beautiful and choir like voices they suite the original versions of Christmas songs.

On the other hand though I found that the music video was very enjoyable and festive, You could definitely see that the girls where having a lot of fun when recording. To watch Cimorelli's cover of Little Drummer Boy by Justin Bieber then click the link below!


Over all I enjoyed the cover and I am sure I will listen to it during the many Christmas' to come. I love how in the video we get a small glimpse into the girls new house!
Merry Christmas!
Stay Strong <3

No comments: