Thursday 19 January 2017

Cimorelli: I Don't Want To Live Forever - Cover Review

 Last Friday, Cimorelli released what is known as #CimorelliSaturdays, this I think you can guess is a promise that the band will be uploading one video every Saturday. The first Saturdays video happened to be a cover of Taylor Swifts 'I Don't Want To Live Forever' featuring Zayn.

The video was filmed in the same place where I am guessing the cover shoot for the Alive album was taken. I mean how many bridges do you know that look like that. There could be more than one but I am not sure. This is also the music video that Kath and Dani showed up wearing almost identical outfits, this was seen weeks ago on the Cimorelli Band Snapchat account.

Again, like most of Cimorellis music videos now I had never heard the song. They always seem to be up to date with the latest music, but I spend 90% of my time listening to Cimorelli and the other 90% listening to the same 10 songs that I am obsessed with at the moment.

I liked this video, the music video had a hint of the As Long As You Love Me Video. Which made me happy because it reminding me of old school Cimorell and who doesn't love a bit of Old School Cimorelli.


This song fit perfectly for the voice of the girls, but I feel like the band tried to make the music video faster than the song. As the song is quite slow and relaxing, it can be seen in the video that they try and make it more upbeat and exciting. I am not saying that this is a bad thing, because they can make the music videos to their covers how they want.

At the end of the video was the usual bloopers, and I feel like this video really shows how awkward it is to film music videos, especially in public. But of course as most of the girls are outgoing, I don't think this would have been a major issue with the band.

If you haven't seen the music video for I Don't Want To Live Forever, you can watch it here:

 
I don't know what type of videos we will be getting each week with #CimorelliSaturdays but I am hoping that we will see a lot more covers this year, as last year was pretty dry on the cover side.

Stay Strong x
 
Latest Blog Post:
 
Sunday 15th January 2017
How Well Do You Know Cimorelli - Quiz
Show how well you know the band Cimorelli by answering these 10 questions.
 

No comments: