Sunday 23 April 2017

Cimorelli : Now Or Never - Halsey Review

It's #CimorelliSaturday again and this weeks video was a cover of Halseys Now Or Never. See I am not sure on what I think about Halseys music, some songs I love, others I am not too sure on, and this is one of those songs that I am not 100% sure on. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad song, but it's different.

The music video for this was filmed professionally which I like that Cimorelli do occasionally because it adds something different to their channel, and the way that this was filmed reminds me a lot of the Wrecking Ball cover, which was filmed over 3 years ago now!!

I like that the in the video they incorporated instruments, it allowed them to get more into the song as they filmed, even those who weren't playing an instrument. This wasn't just like a band putting instruments into their videos to make it look like they produce their own music, this actually showed that the girl know what they're doing when it comes to music. The close up shots of Lauren and Dani playing the keyboard show them hitting the right keys at the right time with no hesitation.


Although this is the way that the song is, I feel like the first verse with Christina 'singing' doesn't allow her to show of her true voice, as this is just speaking quicker than normal meaning that people don't get to hear her vocals as well. This I do feel like is done throughout the song with multiple of the girls, but mainly at the beginning with Christina.

I also feel like there is too much camera movement, the video is kept very basic with the simple plain colours and background, but the movement makes me slightly dizzy when watching the video and I feel like my eyes have to continuously adjust  to the scene instead of being able to focus what matters most and that is Cimorelli.

If you haven't seen Cimorellis latest cover, you can check it out on their official youtube channel, or you can watch it below:


I love that Cimorellis covers always keep me up to date with the latest music, whether I like the song or not. As I don't listen to the radio or keep up with the new songs out there, my only source of being up to date is through my favourite band!

I really enjoyed this cover, but it isn't going to be one that I watch repeatedly, unless I get use to the song (which I doubt I will).

Stay Strong x


Latest Blog Post:
Monday 17th April 2017
Katherine Cimorelli - Photoshoot

Last week Kath gave her twitter followers an insight into the photo shoot that she had. Although she did not post all of the photos onto her social media, she did post some of the best. If you did not see the photos Kath posted on Twitter, don't worry. We have you back, below are all the photos that Kath tweeted last week.


No comments: