Friday 4 April 2014

Cimorelli Cover Review - Happy

We all know this was coming, well those who like Cimorelli on Facebook saw this coming a while back but wow we really did have to wait for this cover! But who knew it was going to be a collaboration with Tyler Ward! Before today I had never really listened to his music. Yes I knew who he was but never thought to check out his videos!

Wow was I wrong! His voice is amazing, I think he has real talent!

 The cover of Happy was really fun and loving, I had loved the song from the day it was released on the Despicable Me 2 Movie and even then it was constantly stuck in my head. But it never got old, normally after listening to songs for a long time they can become over played and boring, not this one though. Pharrell Williams really did a good job! There is something about this song that always makes me want to dance around and make a complete fool of myself.


One of the one things I enjoyed about this video was that Cimorelli and Tyler both looked like they had an amazing time filming this, yes the background and scenery was minimal but that emphasized the amount of effort that they put in, to making this video look brilliant! I did also enjoy that there wasn't just one girl singing a chorus or a verse, they jumped between each other making the cover seem different. Also I felt that Tyler's voice fit perfectly with the girls as there was not such a dramatic different as there was with Matty B.

One thing I did not like about this video was the light behind the singer, if they where to move out the way when dancing around to the music then the light would shine unbelievably bright and take the effect away from the singer. Although it did make the music video seem a lot more professional looking, when the light shone through I found it annoying as my eye sight was taken from Cimorelli or Tyler. Other than that I really enjoyed the video!

What do you think the girls will be covering next? Or what cover would you like to see them cover next? I would love to see a cover of Dark Horse by Katy Perry, or International Smile again sung by Katy Perry. International Smile is not a single that has been released but is part of Katy's album and it would be a perfect cover by the girls!

You can vote it the side bare out of 5 different hit songs out now of what song you think Cimorelli will cover next and if your choice isn't there then be sure to tweet me here with your ideas and I will add them to the list, just be sure to tell me that you want me to add it to the list!

Stay Strong <3

No comments: