Saturday 19 December 2015

Christmas Day - 6 Days Till Christmas

We are now half way through our countdown to Christmas and I cannot believe how quick Christmas day is coming around. I still haven't finished all my present buying or wrapping! Everything is starting to get stressful which I feel is the usual and I always enjoy the week running up to the special day!

In todays blog post I thought I would tell you all about how I spend Christmas day, many of you know that I have divorced parents so it can get VERY difficult when you are trying to keep everyone happy and enjoy the day myself. For me, Christmas runs on a cycle, one year I have Christmas Dinner with my mum, and then the following year I have it with my dad and step-mum.

Which is fair don't you think.

But every year it seems to cause problems with my mum and nan when I have Christmas Dinner with my dad because he has 'her' (what they call my step-mum). But I am constantly spending time trying to keep everyone happy. So when people day it must be good having divorced parents because you get two Christmas's they are completely wrong.

But this year I am having Christmas Dinner with my Dad and Step-Family, which is a yearly tradition and I love being a part of it. So I wake up Christmas morning and open presents with my mum and sister and we have breakfast. The around 11am my dad comes to pick us up and we go to his flat for present opening there.

Once that is finished around mid-day we go to my step-mum's sisters house with the whole family (about 20 of them) and do even more present giving, and we spend an hour or two laughing, celebrating and chatting! Once that is over we then all travel over the other sisters house where she cooks a huge Christmas Dinner for us all to tuck into and help ourselves with.

We then spend a few ours playing with the younger kids toys which means we get to build things, shoot nerf guns, and play with anything else they get. Which is great because I get to release my inner child and break out of the 18 year old me shell.

Around 7pm-8pm I go back home to my mum and my nan is usually there who stays the  night and we watch all the Christmas specials on TV and have a drink and eat a lot more food! This year me, my mum and sister are having another Christmas dinner on Boxing day and having a chill!

No year is ever the same with me but that is this years plan, sorry this blog post was kind of short but this was a last minute post that I am writing in work!

Merry Christmas!
Stay Strong <3

No comments: