Wednesday 16 December 2015

Cimorelli - Firework (Katy Perry Cover) 9 Days Till Chritmas

We are finally in single figures on the Cim's Countdown to Chritmas and Christmas day is just over a week away! How exciting! To mix things up a bit I have decided to choose older covers from Cimorelli to review as I did not run my blog when these where uploaded.

The first old cover that I decided to review was a choice between 'Firework' and 'Teenage Dream' both by Katy Perry. To choose between the two I put up a poll on Twitter (finally these things are coming in handy) so the CimFam got the option to choose between the both, and you all spoke.

So today I will be writing about Cimorellis cover of Firework, which is one of my all time favourite covers (so we can see where this blog post is going). This cover was posted on the 24th November 2010, which makes it just over 5 years old! It has reached a total of 8,266,623 to the date.

Cimorelli's cover of Firework was one of the most unique covers ever uploaded onto their YouTube account, this was because the audio was recorded the same time as the video, technically making it an acoustic cover, but when you listen to the video it sounds like is has been professionally recorded. That is because Cimorelli sung into one microphone as a band and the audio was then taken and placed on top of the video recorded.

This has never been done since, so to me this cover has gone down in history and I think that is one of the reasons that is stood out to me the most and made it one of my favourite covers. It shows that they they do not auto tune their songs ( as they get accused of doing). The songs that they record are their own voices and nothing else.

The video was filmed in front of the famous white wall which is not as big as I am guessing many of us thought it would be! When we see videos that where recorded in front of the white wall it looks a heck of a lot bigger, but obviously we where fooled.

Overall I feel that the cover has a very positive feel to it and is something that I could listen to constantly, to watch Cimorellis cover of Firework, then click the link below:


For today's Cim's Christmas Countdown Giveaway, I am giving away a £10 Amazon voucher! Although the voucher is in British pounds it can be used worldwide, so this is a worldwide giveaway! To enter to win this Amazon voucher, be sure to check this 'TWEET'! 
Merry Christmas!
Stay Strong <3

No comments: