Tuesday 16 December 2014

Cimorelli & The Vamps: I'm Not The Only One - Cover Review

I know that this is very late, even 4 weeks late! This normally doesn't happen but with Christmas coming up I have been in college Monday to Friday trying to meet coursework deadlines and complete University forms and I have been working Saturday and Sunday so I have not had any time to myself. Meaning that I have fallen behind dramatically with blogs, but I should be back to my usual self and updating a couple days after a video mid January, so please bare with me.

So many of you will have seen most of Cimorelli tweeting about having the Vamps in their house, and Lynne (Mum) also tweeted about having 3 beautiful boys in her household. I think everyone then freaked. Twitter went crazy, we wanted to know what was happening, when this was happening and how long Cimorelli had been keeping this a secret for.

We then later found out that Cimorelli had filmed two videos with three members of the Vamps (James, Connor and Tristan) one being a cover of 'I'm not the only one' by Sam Smith, and the other being Cimorelli vs The Vamps. When I first saw the cover I got so excited because I thought that it was going to be something huge, but I later found that it was not all of Cimorelli, only Lisa, Amy, Lauren and Dani. 

Also they did not sing the whole of the song which I was a little bit disappointed with but overall the cover was incredible. I feel that because their song had deep voices, which obviously came from the boys, it gave the song a range of different notes not just high. I also found it amazing that the cover was acapella with each member of The Vamps playing an instrument.

It was nice to see the girls covering with different people, it makes a change from their usual covers which is nice. I do love covers with just them as well but something different every once in a while doesn't hurt anyone. You can watch the cover of 'I'm not the only one' below: 


As well as this both bands also filmed a video that was over on The Vamps YouTube account which was Cimorelli vs The Vamps, so girls vs boys. You can see who won below:


That's it for this blogs, let me know what artist you want Cimorelli to do a colab with next by answering the poll next to this blog. I promise to try my best and keep up with my blogs from now on and I will be making a new year resolution post at least one blog a week! 

Stay Strong <3

No comments: