Monday 8 December 2014

Cimorelli: Christmas Magic - EP Review

Cimorelli recently released a new EP, Christmas Magic. The EP includes 5 Christmas song that have been sung with their own harmonies, meaning no background music what so ever. Everything to hear in each song has come from one of the Cimorelli sister mouths. This just shows us how much time and effort they must have put into creating the EP!

The 5 songs that are included in the album are as listed below:
- Joy To The World
- The Coventry Carol (Lillay)
- The First Noel
- Carol of The Bells
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing


When I first bought the album I thought that it was going to be more upbeat songs such as 'All I Want for Christmas'. But I was given quite the shock when I saw the song list, and giving my complete honest opinion I was not sure if I was going to like it.

This was only because I expected something completely different, but  I was not stopped from buying the EP! Once the whole EP had downloaded into my library I hit play and listened to each song on the EP. The first thing I can say is that I was proved wrong in so many ways.

Each song sounded incredible, their vocals and harmonies fit well into each song. My top three songs at the moment are Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, Carol of The Bells and Joy to The World, I have been listening to these three songs on repeat a long with the Renegade EP constantly now and a spare minutes does not go by without me listening to it.

The only reason why I do not listen to The Coventry Carol and The First Noel as much is because I don't know them as well as I know the other three songs so my first instinct is to listen to the three that I know more. That does not mean I think they are better or that the other two are not as good.

The EP sends so much Christmas love and really does get you in the Christmas spirit. If you haven't already go and buy the Christmas Magic EP from iTunes and get yourself into the holiday mood right now!

http://t.co/zlmxuQjEWY

If you are not sure and want to see what the songs sound like first then Cimorelli have a sampler video now up on their YouTube channel where you can listen to a small clip from each of the five songs! Watch the video below!


Share love and joy this Christmas with the Cimorelli Christmas Magic EP!

Stay Strong <3

No comments: