Monday 13 March 2017

Cimorelli: It Ain't Me - Cover Review

After just over a week of Cimorelli releasing part of the track on their snapchat account, we finally saw the cover of It Ain't Me by Selena Gomez. Shocking, unlike many of the bands previous covers I actually knew this song before it was uploaded and it was one that I loved, therefor meaning I was incredible excited for the video.

Although the cover was not as long as I would have liked it to be, 2:46 minutes to be precise. I still enjoyed every last second of it. The cover was a lot slower than the original song and the track was put together by the talented Lauren Cimorelli who seems to have an incredible talent for putting tracks together.


However, the slowing of the cover did not change the feel of the original song, and in my eyes I saw it as more moving and more heart felt.
As usual, the lyrics of the song were changed to suite the band themselves. When I first saw the clip of the song posted onto snapchat, my first thought was how are they going to change the lyric 'drunk and on your own' as the band are against the idea of alcohol and find they can have just as much fun without it (which I agree with). The lyrics in the song were changed to 'lost and all alone' which I see as having the same meaning as the original lyric just taking away the alcohol in the song.

If you are yet to see the cover, because you have been living under a rock (which can be the only reason you haven't seen it yet), then you can watch the video here:


If you have yet to see the video then I suggest you go watch it soon as this will be one of the last videos you will see Lisa with natural brown hair for a long time, unless pre-recorded video are to be uploaded. If you have missed what has been happening over the last 24 hours, then I will briefly update you. Lisa Cimorelli dyed her hair pink and it looks fabulous.

I won't give too much away but there will be a blog post uploaded following this one covering her hair colour.


I think that this cover has been one of the best ones the band has uploaded this year, and I cannot wait to see what else Cimorelli Saturday has to bring us!

Stay Strong x

Latest Blog Post:
Sunday 5th March 2017
Cimorelli: Scars To Your Beautiful - Cover Review 
I really loved Cimorelli's recent cover. In this weeks #CimorelliSaturday the band covered Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara. Once again Cimorelli are ahead of me with the current trends in the music because I have never really heard of this song. But that's okay because I love new music.

No comments: