Wednesday 12 April 2017

Cimorelli: All Time Low by Jon Bellion - Cover Review

This weeks Cimorelli Saturday video was an old school cover of All Time Low by Jon Bellion, this was filmed acapella style in from of a plain wall, no pre-recording, no editing, nothing. Just pure talent.

Following the livestream that Cimorelli broadcast on the Radio One Lebanon facebook page, the girls were ask to sing All Time Low, now maybe I am getting old, or I am just not up to date with the latest music but I though that the band would be singing a song from the band All Time Low, but I was wrong.

The band performed a small piece of the song on the livestream and then later that day when Lisa went live on Instagram she revealed that the band would be releasing the full cover that weekend for #CimorelliSaturday.

Cimorelli have now taken a new approach to filming their acapella songs, as previously it use to be three girls behind and three in front, the band now films in a line or curve. The probably of this being because all the band is the same height (apart from Amy) and performing in two rows just simply wont work anymore. But I honestly think that this new placement sees the band as an equal, and that they are all there in the from performing.

If you read my blog regularly then you will understand that if I haven't heard a song before, I often wont like it the first time I hear it when Cimorelli cover the song. But this was different, I honestly loved the song covered by the band and I prefer their cover than the original one.

You can see how much energy and passion goes into performing this song and the dedication from the band to put on a good performance. I also love how you can see the connections between the band members as they sing, nothing is better than a smile from your fellow band member / sister when you have just smashed your part.

If you haven't see Cimorellis cover on YouTube, then you can watch it here:


Following the upload of the video, Lauren pushed for their fans to tweet and send the video Jon Bellion in order for him to see it. I mean I would do the exact same thing, especially if it was my favourite singers song I was performing. Jon Bellion, later favorited Laurens tweet that had the cover in.

Whether he saw the video or not, or he just favorited the video, no one knows. Let's hope that he did see this cover because this has been one of my favourite covers by the band so far.

Stay Strong x



Latest Blog Post:
 
Friday 7th April 2017
4 Years of Blog About Cimorelli
Writing has been something that I always loved doing, growing up I would write stories, and journal about special events. But I feel that my passion really sparked when I started this blog. Writing about Cimorelli has been something that I do on a regular basis and has made me realise how happy I would be going on to write professionally.

No comments: