Friday 7 April 2017

4 Years Of Blog About Cimorelli

Writing has been something that I always loved doing, growing up I would write stories, and journal about special events. But I feel that my passion really sparked when I started this blog. Writing about Cimorelli has been something that I do on a regular basis and has made me realise how happy I would be going on to write professionally.

4 years ago today, I decided I wanted to write a Cimorelli blog after seeing on online that inspired me to create my own. The first post I put online for the world to see was a review of Cimorelli’s latest cover ‘HeartAttack’ by Demi Lovato. Looking back at this review now, it was basic, plain and boring with no photos and the writing was not my best, but as I go through the 4 years’ worth of posts they get better.

I have learned many different things since posting my first blog post in 2013 about posting online, being in charge of your own work and what happens to the stuff you put out there.

Honestly, I use to look at bloggers and YouTubers and think how easy it would be to do that and only put an hour or so into what they produce each week and then the rest of the time they can do what they want. But it’s harder than it looks, you have the upkeep of the blog, finding the right content, keeping up with the band / the trends, if you’re working with someone else or relying on someone else for content then you have to keep up with them an hope that they provide the content on time and to a good standard.

Then there is the times that you have no energy and don’t want to open your computer and do all the work, or you have writers block and don’t know what to write about, or when everything annoys you and you physically cannot bring yourself to write. I feel that I have gone through many stages like this in the 4 years of having my own blog. I would go months without posting because I was too busy with my own life were I work full time, run two Girl Guiding Groups, and go to Mixed Martial Arts two nights a week, or I just could not be bothered to write about the band, or anything they were doing.

You never really see the reason behind when people don’t post online, or they’re just ‘taking a break’ and sometimes it can be for their own mental health or the time that they have. But from this, I would never put someone down because they don’t want to post online or they’re inactive on social media etc. because you don’t know what is going on until they tell you.

Even when you’re not writing, there is the upkeep of the blog, imagine if every blogger stuck with the design of their blog they first chose when they created the site. I don’t even want to imagine how bad mine would look. Over the past 4 years, I would be continuously learning new skills on how to add things into blogger to make my blog different cool. I have always made my own banners for my blog, and every time I changed the theme of the blog, this would require a new banner, which would take at least 2-3 hours.

With the design of my blog I keep mine to the theme of Cimorelli at the time, currently the theme matches their new album which is a blue, black and gold theme. But I have previously used pinks and purples.

I found that when I did post, the most random of blogs would be the most popular. I would try and post a cover review a couple days after the cover was posted onto the bands youtube channel. But the most popular post on my blog is ‘Lauren Cimorelli – Saint Patrick’s Day Outfit Ideas / SpringFashion’ which has just over 1,000 views on that post alone. I never knew why this became so popular, and even to this day over 3 years later I still have no idea.

But above all that, I have been writing about Cimorelli since I was 15 years old and I would not change it for anything, I never expected anything to come from this blog, but I would not change anything for the world. The blog that I write has been noticed by global fans and the band themselves.

To each and every one of you that reads my blog, I was to thank you so much for the love and support you give me on my blog, even if it is just reading my posts, that’s means more than the world to me! I look forward to the future of writing for Cimorelli and I can only hope that it continues to grow over the upcoming years. I love each and every one of you, and thank you ever so much for everything.

Stay Strong x
 

Latest Blog Post:
 
Sunday 19th  March 2017
Cimorelli Stay Cover Review
This weeks CimorelliSaturday cover was Stay, which is originally sung by Zedd featuring Alessia Cara. The video for this cover was filmed in one of the most beautiful places I think I have seen on the Cimorelli channel. With such stunning scenery in the background it was such a visually appealing video. 



No comments: