Sunday 30 November 2014

Cimorelli: Lips Are Moving - Cover Review

Cimorelli's latest cover was of 'Lips Are Moving' by an artist called Maghan Trainor. Personally I had never heard of the song or even the artist, so I was a bit sceptical. Whenever Cimorelli cover a song I have never heard before I tend to not like it because it is something different than what I listen to. But boy was I wrong.

I am going to start on the negatives so I can get it out the way. I thought it took too long to get into the song, the whole back story of Amy going on a date and he was texting a girl called 'Barbara' was a little bit boring and silly in my opinion. I know the girls like to have a lot of fun while they film and I really like that but having the couple scenes at the beginning and the end made the video seemed like it dragged on. Yes I love blooper and I could watch them all day but having to wait so long for the cover and then for the bloopers did get a little bit boring. 

But, let's look past that and get onto what I loved about this music video, which was pretty much everything else! The song I think they sung perfectly! Each vocal sounded brilliant, I know I am not much of a singer myself and don't know how the song if meant to be sung but what they did sing sounded amazing! Lauren and Danis rap, I have nothing more to say about the rap other than it was perfect! I knew that they could rap to a very high standard and this video just showed how amazing their talent was!

Again this video included 10 minutes of bloopers from filming. To me bloopers are the best part, after sitting through a cover seeing Cimorelli act and sing, you then get another 6-7 minutes added onto the end where you see the girls shine through for what they really are. Which is not just talented singers but also fun loving human beings. 
The song choice was incredible and I really do think that it has become one of my new favourite songs, but not the original song, their cover. Lips Are Moving has a really fun beat to it, something that you have to have a little dance to. I think that Cimorelli really had the chance to show their personality in the video and it did show through.

One thing that really did catch my eye and that was the EUROPEAN TOUR!! In March 2015 Cimorelli will be touring around the whole of Europe! 3 dates have already been announced for Germany and tickets are already available, with VIP also available too! Hopefully tickets will be released for the UK soon as I am hoping to get a VIP ticket! To buy tickets for Germany make sure to check the links below!

13th March - Frankfurt http://t.co/B2h9UrfE5T

14th March - Cologne http://t.co/lC91IbFvsh

15th March - Munich http://t.co/DtqOMYvlzP

To watch Cimorellis latest cover of 'Lips Are Movin' you can see it in the video below!


Also if you have not already bought Cimorelli's Christmas EP then you can do so here : https://t.co/WpL99k53IO  and I hope to have a full review of the EP up within the next couple of days!

Stay Strong <3

No comments: